- Do not make large purchases that will add to community debt. Try to keep all assets liquid.
- Put a freeze on joint credit card accounts.
- Keep working to secure your newly single future.
- If you have your paycheck automatically deposited into a joint account, set up an individual account, and have the deposits made to it.
- Keep all individual assets separate. These include inheritances, workers compensation, personal injury awards, items that you brought into the marriage, and gifts given to you individually.
- Have any necessary mechanical repairs done to your automobile to insure that you have reliable transportation after the divorce.
For more information, contact the Family Law Offices of Renee M. Marcelle at (415) 456-4444, or online at http://www.familylawmarin.com/ --