Early participation by attorneys allows the participants and their attorneys to use the more positive and effective aspects of good lawyering not often seen in proceedings involving litigation, court intervention and even mediation, such as:
- Critical and rational analysis,
- Creative and thoughtful problem solving,
- Generating multiple options for settlement,
- Maintaining a positive and cooperative environment for settlement, and
- Building a foundation for co-parenting, financial security and positive future interactions.