Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 22, 2015

THE SINGLE PARENT JUGGLING ACT

There’s a famous quote about Ginger Rogers that says, “She did everything that Fred Astaire did, only backwards.” In some ways, being a single parent is similar, except you’re doing everything other parents do, only solo.
I was talking with a single mom recently who described her day like this, but I think it probably is true for a lot of you out there, as well: "I rush home from work, dash off to the supermarket, pick the kids up from practice, go home and try to get dinner on the table. The arguing begins when I ask them to help out, and they start fighting with me. Any time I tell my oldest “no” these days, she screams, ‘I hate you – you are the worst mother in the world! I wish I could live full-time with Dad!’ I explode, then she runs out of the room, slamming her bedroom door. I’m so tired of playing out this scene night after night!”

To continue viewing this article by Debbie Pincus MS LMHC please click:
http://www.empoweringparents.com/the-single-parent-juggling-act-5-tips-to-help-you-manage.php

For more information, contact the Family Law Offices of Renee M. Marcelle at (415) 456-4444, or online at http://www.familylawmarin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment