Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

10 LESSONS MY DIVORCE TAUGHT ME ABOUT LASTING LOVE

I've learned a lot of lessons over the last 20 years since my divorce. It dawned on me recently that even though I didn't have a divorce party (just wasn't in the mood) it doesn't mean that I can't mark the 20th anniversary of my divorce in some way.  So here it goes, my list of the 10 most important lessons I've learned in the last two decades:
1. Your partner is not going to change. In other words, you can't change a cat into a dog. Love just isn't enough to significantly alter a person's basic nature and upbringing. For instance, if you fall in love with someone who is reserved and you need outward signs of affection to feel secure, you'll feel chronically dissatisfied. Most likely, these differences will probably erode loving feelings over time and diminish positive interactions in your relationship.
To continue viewing this column by Terry Gaspard, MSW, LFCSW please click below:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/terry-gaspard-msw-licsw/10-lessons-my-divorce-taught-me-about-lasting-love_b_7985848.html?utm_hp_ref=divorce&ir=Divorce
For more information, contact the Family Law Offices of Renee M. Marcelle at (415) 456-4444, or online at http://www.familylawmarin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment