Going through a divorce is difficult enough. Sometimes all of the stress can make it difficult to parent. It is important to remember the following helpful tips:
- Spend alone time with all your children.
- Tell the truth and don't break promises or lie.
- Don't fight, yell, etc. in front of your children -- it makes your children scared and worried.
- Help your children with their homework.
- Share important information with your children.
- Listen to your children and pay attention to them.
- Have patience with your children and try not to get too angry.
- When you're angry, try not to take it out on your children.
- Communicate your feelings.